Thursday, June 20, 2013

Reflection #2 College Panel Response



06/10/13


         Today the college panel gave me a lot of real information that is going to benefit me and help me with my decision of which college I want to attend and what college will be like. It gave me plenty of insight that was greatly needed. I am very interested in UMKC and having three UMKC students here telling me about the college and their experiences helped me finalize my choice to be a “UMKC Roo”. I admire the people that came into the panel today because they all have “a story” and instead of the conclusion of their stories being that they are drug addicts, incarcerated, gang members and or a “dropout” they have all realized that they want to live better lives and need to be successful in order to do that. I respect them for taking a better rout and saying “I refuse to be a statistic”.
I take my hat off to the lady that had a child, stayed in school and is about to graduate. Not many people can do that in high school let alone college where the workload and effort needed is much greater. I realized that it is important to not just go to college but also be a part of the college life. The main things I learned today is have healthy time management skills and prioritize and to me, that was some of the best advice they could’ve given. Another thing that they talked about on the panel that completed stood out to me was that there are going to be people that will put you down, will not be as motivated, who are not the best support systems nor the best influences and it is important to remember your purpose and think about that fact that you have spent all this money and its a complete waste not to take advantage of your schooling.


No comments:

Post a Comment


Children, What Does 2+2=?