Monday, June 24, 2013

Reflection #5 Observation



06/16/13


         The class I observed was amazing and the teacher is very good at what he does. The first lesson the students had to complete was listing five significant things about a famous person of his choice. He then made the students present to the class and explain their findings. After that, it was time to play a game with the information the students found. The kids really enjoyed it we all thought it was a nice game. Lastly, they played a team building activity and the groups had to all stand on a certain amount of pieces of paper until they couldn’t anymore. It was fun and creative.
         He had all control over his classroom. They really, really respect him. They know what is expected of them and that they need to get the job done in the timely manner and to the expectations he desires. I respect him a lot for being one of those teachers that expect the most from their students and don’t just do their job to get the paycheck. He told me that he tried being one of those teachers that the school trained him to be but he then realized that being himself is what will get the job done and done in the way that he wants it to be. Doing his job like that he realized that his students appreciated and respected him a lot more and they they responded much better. The environment is really good, its clean and appropriate. Just in that little time period I learned a lot from being in his class even though it didn’t show on Friday. I think having these experiences will help better myself, not only when it comes to teaching, but also when it comes to controlling myself. A major thing that I've learned is that you can’t control a classroom until you have SELF-control. Mr. Smith wants me to come up with a team building activity, and so far I have a lot in mind. So far, I haven’t found a team building activity that has me jumping out of my seat excited so tonight, that is my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Children, What Does 2+2=?