Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Reflection #9: Immigration Education


06/26/13

         Today, people spoke about immigration and the way it impacts the children’s lives. I never knew that most of the illegal immigrants we have in our country are here because of their parents and technically grew up here because they immigrated when they were children. One lady spoke about that fact that, very serious situations drive people to move across the country.
         I asked the panel a question regarding how the much the U.S citizen lifestyle differs from a Mexico citizen lifestyle. A woman who was actually born in Mexico explained that even though undocumented people in the U.S don’t make much, and settle for less, they still make more then they would living in Mexico. The U.S has more support services for people who need things such as free lunch, health care, food, housing etc. and Mexico has little to none.
         This information on immigration and education will impact me in a way that will better myself as a teacher. I can help people even more than I ever expected. Today really supported my statement of building bonds with your students. If you have a student who’s family isn’t making much because companies are taking advantage of the fact that they are illegal and they began to cheat them out of their money, you can help them out in many ways. The stories of undocumented people are more serious then I thought they were and it will seriously make my job more challenging but will help people’s lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Children, What Does 2+2=?